Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hitch Your Wagon to a Kibbe

It is tradition in our house to change various songs and sayings to include our last name. For example:

"OOO Kibbe I love your ways! Everyday!"

"Kibbe come back! You can blame it all on me,
I was wrong, and I just can't live without you!"

So you can imagine my joy at finally becoming a Kibbe and getting to join in Paul's extremely ridiculous, yet endearing, karaoke. I've always loved karaoke.

Anyway, on to the real purpose of this post!

Since we had a very very small wedding, most of you didn't get to see the festivities and since I recently ran across the cd of our wedding pictures (after having lost them for over a year, but that's a different story), I thought I'd regale you with tales of the day!

This is the room I got ready in. Can you even get over
that ceiling? Get a load of how little Caroline
(my nanny-ing charge) is down there in the bottom right corner!

This is a tag-team of my mother and maid of honor shoving,
literally shoving, me into my dress.

Isn't my hair great! A family friend did it for me and she
was just excellent! And free! And excellent!

Now this, my friends, is the hubs. Isn't he
dreamy??

I'll let you in on a secret: If I could still fit into that dress,
I'd wear it every Saturday; I loved it so much!
PS Thats my stepdad doing my wedding!

This one speaks for itself :)

I need you to know that I spent the evening before my
wedding, sticking myself with the thorns of those dang
beautiful roses and chopping calla lilies. Yes, I made those bouquets myself.
PS Isn't my veil just gorgeous? Borrowed! Therefore: Free!

Total cost of this shindig: less than $1000
Not including my dress which retailed at $1875 buckaroos.
Did I pay that insane amount for a wedding dress?
Heck no!
I bought it on Ebay for $800. I am a master internet shopper and planned (and bought) my whole wedding online. Including flowers. And beverages. Don't act like you're not impressed!

3 comments:

  1. aww that was sweet and you looked beautiful and most importantly happy my mom did our whole wedding my we are going to renew our vows and have it more me picking things lol she picked the dress, flowers, cake it was great but also I wanted outdoors and it would have been too hot but the a.c was broken in the day of the wedding and we were up until 4am putting the church together and the a/c was fine lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, that's so awesome. we did the same thing, pretty much got engaged and married within 34 days of each other. and, i bought my dress at a sample sale for 10% of the original price. I paid $30 for it. and, i did my own flowers - roses and calla lilies. it's not lost on me how much you and I are alike, even when we aren't hanging out. I love reading your blog. i can totally hear you talking when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodie,
    Thanks so much! I love getting comments :)
    That cracks me up that we did the same flowers the same way lol
    I think it was more fun making them myself. They were exactly how I wanted them!

    ReplyDelete