Thursday, April 15, 2010

Red Riding Hood

The hubs called me a couple of weeks ago whilst (I love that word) I was on my trek home from work.

"Um, Kristen. I'm holding in my hand a photo of your car."

I'm thinking that the paparazzi has found me finally. It must've been that Vogue cover I did. Or the concert at the Sydney Opera House.

"Wake up woman! Its a ticket! You ran a red light"

Of course I didn't I say. The camera thingy had to have malfunctioned. My sweet husband believes me.

Five minutes later, whilst (there it is again!) still on my trek home, he calls again.

"So I'm watching this video on this website. Its you."

It must've been that rock band I started on that...

"Running that red light"

Man, he's always bursting my bubble.

Anyway, it all comes back to me and I remember running that red light. I remember that I had a good reason for it too.

My breaks went out.

No? Don't believe me honey?

I went temporarily color blind.
I left my glasses at home.
A can rolled under my break and no matter how I tried, I couldn't press it down.
I forgot that red means stop and green means go.
My dog Gus died a few years ago and I was crying. Who can see through tears?
A drunk driver pushed me over the line into the intersection so I figured I better just go on thru.
Someone was stalking me! I had to get away!
The devil made me do it.
My brother was in the car with me and he just reached over and pushed the gas peddle down.
A terrorist threatened my family if I didn't run that red light.
Bin Laden said he would tell me where he's hiding if I only ran that red light.

I think a few of these have potential with the judge. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. You should combine them all into a wonderfully magnificent story...he HAVE to believe you then.

    ReplyDelete